vrijdag 27 februari 2009

Haandarbejdets Fremme




In the summer of 2007 we went for 31/2 weeks to Denmark and Sweden.
I collected the Haandarbejdets Fremme Calendars for a couple of years. So now I got the chance to find the missing years in Denmark. One a sunny day we went to Kopenhagen to find the shop. What a disappointment!
My husband wanted to give me a second chance so after a few days we tried to find the second address.
However the small village, called Loejtveld couldn't be found on our map. I tried to call to the shop but it did not work.
At the gas station I met a woman, who knew the shop and she was really nice so she called the shop for me and told me how to find the shop. It was a long drive to Svendborg so we combined our trip.
At first we visited the castle called Egeskov at Kvaerndrup and then the Fremme shop.
The shop was a kind of a farm, small but with a huge collection of Fremme. I bought the complete set of Blomstergarns (102 colours). There was also an exposition of the Fremme designer Edith Hansen.
During my vacation I have stitched the roses from the calendar, which I bought there. One chart was used for the ring cushion of my daughter's wedding.



3 opmerkingen:

  1. I love Fremme designs and have a couple of them, but haven't stitched them yet. Your three rose designs look fantastic, such great colours.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Love your finishes! Where do I find those french books as seen in your February 9th and 10th posts? Thanks-please leave answer on my blog.
    http://crossstitchpatternaddict.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Hoi Conny,
    I found you.
    Wil send some photo's of my work soon

    Love
    Rob

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen