maandag 10 januari 2011

Evergreen

The first pieces of 2011, which I made for the contest of Niky's Creations. The freebie is called evergreen. I made two different pieces with this chart. When I see trees and a squirrel it's remind me of all the colours of the autumn.
So I chose for an autumn bag using coffee-dyed 32 count Zweigart linen and hand-dyed threads of my choice. The model of the bag is a little bit like the end of an acorn and finished with felt.
I finished the second pieces rather tradional using DMC thread. It was fun doing these pieces although I didn't win any prizes.
Thanks for visiting me again and for your sweet comments.

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Oh my! I just love the acorn shaped fall bag!!! The colors and finishing are marvelous! Love your other finish of the design too, but the acorn bag is a stand out for me! Too bad you didn't win a prize.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I love the acorn bag too! Great idea and wonderful finishing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Two beautiful finishes Conny.
    Hugs
    LISA V

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Oh I love them both! Love them, love them. And the finishing on them are fabulous too.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen