vrijdag 18 februari 2011

Project of January.

I found this little type-case at fleamarket in December and thought it will be a nice project for January 2011. I decided to stitch the designs from Niky's Creations. This project became a mixture of designs from the Primitive Calendar and her booklet with Flowers.
The pieces had to be very small so I had to stitch all the designs at 36 and 40 count Zweigart natural linen and because the case is very dark I decided not to dye the linen with coffee.
This one is my favorite because of the colours and design. All the big pieces are about 9x9 cm and finished the way I liked using old buttons too.
The border are finished with buttenhole stitches. All the pieces were stitched with one thread over two except the strawberries.



These tiny ones are about 4.5x9 cm. Aren't they cute?


Long time ago I saw the first designs of Niky in the BBD book and later on I found some in the GOS and here they are, the strawberries. I hand-dyed some of the linen with coffee and tea and some with blueberries juice.
I hope you have enjoyed my project. Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate your sweet comments.

22 opmerkingen:

  1. Beautiful display of some wonderful tiny stitches.
    Your strawberries are wonderful. Very nice work!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. So beautiful! I love them all! I can see why you like the butterfly one best. That's my favorite too!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Beautifully displayed - You really did a fabulous job - So creative - So well done

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. What a wonderful display. I love it!
    Hugs
    LISA V

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I don't know how you picked a favorite. they are all so beautiful and look great in the new cabinet.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Hi Con,

    wat mooi! En zo netjes!
    Je bent echt een bezige bij.

    Liefs,
    Rebecca

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. How adorable, Conny! You've done a beautiful job.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Oh Conny, these are fantastic. I love each and every little piece that you stitched and finished so beautifully. Isn't Niky a wonderful designer? I'm about to order her Primitive Calender and I'll look for her design in the GOS issues.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Conny, thank you, thank you so much, you really made my designs beautifull. It was so good to meet you !Love.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Ohhh you have made a lot of Niky's designs already! Aren't they just cute or what?!! I too ordered her Calender and I know for sure I will have fun stitching her designs, made the strawberry last Friday and the whole room is smelling of lavandar!! Happy stitching, Daniƫlle

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. This site is good because they give us a new thing and new ideas and new topic how good all of they are we should appreciate them because of these good thing

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Dear Conny, I miss you so much!!! Would you send me an email and let me know how you're doing? b chatterton luuring @ g mail . com (without spaces)

    met veel liefs,
    Barbara

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Very interesting and informative article indeed. I have to admit that I always follow all news about this, so it was quite interesting to read this your post about this subject. Reading this your entry I have even noticed some new information which I haven’t known before. Thanks a lot for sharing this interesting post and I will be waiting for other great news from you in the nearest future.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. Very entertaining information. found a lot of things for yourself useful. Thx!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. But the beautiful thing you are doing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. Deze reactie is verwijderd door een blogbeheerder.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen